I had dinner tonight with my boss and a few people from work. We were all having a leisurely dinner accompanied with drinks. You know how people always tell you that you should never talk about religion or politics in a mixed group. Well those people are right.
At some point, after a few too many of these the conversation turned to politics. Most of the people I work with are die hard Bush fans. It makes me the odd man out. Of course, the first thing anyone said was that Kerry is a baby killer. I hate fucking people like that. The election is about more than just one issue. I can only say that the conversation took a quick downturn.
I am very opinionated but I try to at least listen to other people's ideas. The people I was with tonight were the "I'm always right and your always wrong" type of people. I did a good job of keeping myself in check. I laid out my reasons for voting for Kerry and what I felt was wrong with Bush. The great thing about America is that we do have the right to choose. The right to choose a President. The right to choose what to do with our bodies. In keeping with that, I don't care who you vote for just vote. It's imperative that we all do it.
Though I laid out all my reasons for voting for Kerry in an intelligent and calm manner, my boss turned to me and said, "A vote for Kerry is a vote for Satan." This shows you the type of assholes I have to deal with on a daily basis. No wonder I think there may be something seriously wrong with me.
Saturday, October 30, 2004
A Vote For Kerry Is A Vote For
Posted by
Lola
at
10/30/2004 09:20:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|