Jen In Door County:
My impression of Miss Lola is that she a modern woman in the south (for a northerner that means women usually have not such a forthright role or personality--my ignorance perhaps) battling the normal things that women battle: Inner whatzits, the quest for true love (which to me equates incomparable companionship and
understanding/acceptance, a partner to help each other get through this shit we call life), and maybe some old fashioned crap that was pounded into her head as a youth.
I like her ballsy nature in that she speaks her mind and takes no shit. And coupled with the physical description of her, I'm sure she has been called a 'spitfire' more than once in her life.
AND, since I have seen the picture that was posted that night of drunken cyber clicking, I'm sure she also slays some people with her upfrontery about sex and whatnot. Not to say that she's innocent looking, but she has a wholesome-ish 'good girl' look to her. To hear her say: 'Fuck you, no ass sex' girl would make me piss my pants laughing--at the reaction of the immediate audience, that is.
I think Miss Lola is a decent person, with rapier honesty that is rare nowadays. Let me interject a bit about me here: I am not a fan of chicks. Most women that I have met in my travels and those in my family are not sterling examples of the fairer sex. So I tend to be pickier and hella judgmental about them as a whole, and individually. That said, the fact that I come back every day to see what's up and what's the deal, and actually comment, means that I view Miss Lola and her internet persona as a decent chick. I guess I'm trying to say that I'm no philistine and if I like a female, it's a big deal in my book. Ok enough of that.
I think she will eventually find the man that deserves her, but it isn't going to be in a bar. That horse hockey about unsuspecting places and times is very true. When she's depressed or sad, she should stay away from the booze, it only exacerbates the problem(s). I also think that if she considers you a friend, that you have a good one on your side.
Friday, August 05, 2005
Interactive Lola Version Two
Posted by
Lola
at
8/05/2005 03:20:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|