Sunday, February 27, 2005

Hot Dad Helps Out, I Act Stupid, & Going Out In Sweats On A Saturday Night

Saturday we had a "thing" at work. A kid thing. A parent thing. I was in charge of it all. So Friday, "Amy", Hot Dad, and myself started setting up. Just the three of us. It took us two hours. No one else came to help us. (JFB was out of town.) Fucking cunts.

Saturday, in the midst of going crazy, I look up and there is Hot Dad and Young Daughter. They had come to help out. They had no reason to be there other than to help me. It made me happy. I think I may have a problem but that is a story for another day. After the "thing" was over, we had to tear everything down and get the workplace back in order. We had help from the other staff. It only took about forty-five minutes.

It was beautiful here Saturday so Hot Dad suggested we all go play basketball. But Lola what about your knee? Lola said "Fuck it!" Bad idea. "Amy", The Bitch, The Slut, Married Former Ho, and The Baptist all came along. Everyone told me not to play but I had to show off my athletic prowess. Talk about being a stupid twat. I lasted about five minutes before my knee started to visibly swell. Young Daughter and I then sat on the sidelines and watched. We talked about Tiny Daughter, school, Wifey, and how I could have a baby without a Daddy because some people have kids where the Mommy is always out of town. This was Young Daughter's logic when she asked me why I didn't have kids and I said because I have no husband.

After the game, everyone was starving so we decided to go for sushi. Young Daughter was going to spend the night at a friend's house and Tiny Daughter was with Grandmommy, so Hot Dad decided to go with us. The Slut went home and changed clothes. She came to meet us in full make up and real clothes. The rest of us were in gym clothes. I looked especially hot. Sweats, no make-up except for mascara, and a ponytail. I watched the men at the bar flirt with The Slut and I realized maybe that was part of my "boy" problem. I know how to dress up when I want to but usually I go out after work, remember I work a crazy schedule, and I'm usually not fixed up if we grab a drink after work. So maybe I need to be like The Slut and start getting all dolled up before I go anywhere.

On the other hand Hot Dad seems to like the casual look. So what's your take? Au natural, all dolled up, or somewhere in between?