Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Single?

Recently I was having a conversation with a boy and he mentioned he had been somewhere with a girl. This boy had told me he was single so I figured the girl was a new addition. I started to tease him about it a little and quickly found out he had been dating her for a little over two months. I mentioned that he had told me he was single. He said, "I am." He explained to me that she was the transitional girl. She was fun, cool to hang out with, but she wasn't a keeper. She wasn't a lifer (my words, not his). I'm assuming that since she wasn't a long term prospect he felt like he was single. Single is not married and he is not married.

I realize that just because you are dating someone doesn't mean you are "taken". One date a relationship does not make. Hell in some cases 3 years a relationship does not make but that's not the point here. Once I was dating someone for quite a long time and he referred to himself as single. I was one pissed and confused girl. In my book, when we decided to date exclusively we both lost the right to say we were single.

Some men think they are single up until the day they are married. Some men stop being single as soon as they fall in love. Women may be the same way. I can only speak from experience. If I am in an exclusive relationship then I am not single. Single, to me, is a date here and date there. Single is playing the field.



So here is my question... When do/did you stop being "single"?


OK I see you fuckers out there reading. Quit being complete pussies and comment on this subject matter. For once, I am really interested.