Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Plans

I planned on spending Valentine's Day night with my favorite lovah... vodka. Isn't it funny how things never go the way you plan them to?

Monday started off ok. I wasn't at all traumatized that I didn't have a Valentine (lying). It wasn't the first time I haven't had a Valentine and it may not be the last (please God let it be the last). I planned to have a great day (lying to myself) and go out after work with some other singles (losers)for a few drinks (14 or so)and my friend Grey Goose.

First thing that happened was I couldn't find the shirt I needed to wear to work. Then my mom called and said "Hopefully by this time next year you will be settled." Thanks Mom, I love you too, you fucking bitch. I stopped at Barnes & Noble on my way to work to pick up this. I also picked up a venti vanilla latte which I proceeded to spill all over my left breast as I got into the car. The "lactating" jokes at work were non stop. Three people called in sick and you know those fuckers weren't really sick. Two other bitches got flowers.

All in all Valentine's Day was turning into a real suck fest. I decided to just bring my Grey Goose lovah home and watch The Notebook and have myself a real good girlie cry. The office manager then brings in another bouquet of flowers. "Amy" looks at me as if to say "Is this day ever gonna stop?" But guess what? The flowers were for me. A beautiful bouquet of gerber daisies in all the colors they come in.

There was no card with my flowers and I am suspicious that they may have come from someone in my family. But you know what? I don't care. Someone loves me. And I realized that I love a lot of people. The day turned out pretty damn well. And Grey Goose is always a faithful lovah.