Thursday, February 24, 2005

Lola Gets Hurt And All Hot and Bothered

Wednesday night I was just walking along minding my own business when I felt a SNAP and a POP in my knee. I immediately sat down and just knew for sure I was fucked. About 7 years ago I dislocated my right kneecap. I popped it back into place myself. I was also in a full leg cast for 8 weeks. The knee I hurt tonight was my left one.

So I am sitting on the floor trying not to cry and The Bitch comes running over and Hot Dad comes running down the stairs from the observation area. The Bitch grabs my leg and starts yelling for "Amy" to get ice. Hot Dad starts stroking my hair and my back. Now I am in a lot of pain but I was immediately happy that my hair was so soft and shiny since Hot Dad was stroking it. I'm a sick, sick person aren't I?

Jesus Freak Boss comes over and start moving my patella around to see if it is tight or loose. I am about to kick him in the balls. He is really yanking my leg around. I am on my back with my hands over my eyes, crying. Hot Dad says "Just squeeze my hand." Jesus Freak Boss gives us both a look but keeps on messing with my knee. My fucking knee is killing me. Really. The Bitch brings the ice that "Amy" has gotten. It is a big grocery store bag of ice instead of a ziplock baggie. I can only laugh at how absurd we must look even thought I am dying and totally convinced I will never walk again. Hot Dad tells JFB he is hurting me. The Bitch tells JFB he is hurting me. I finally say "Shit that hurts." JFB stops yanking my knee around and laughs at me. JFB and Hot Dad decide I probably don't need to go to the emergency room.

After a while, I decided I can stand up and try to make my way home. Everyone seems to be in agreement that I should just ice it and watch it. It is swollen but not in an extreme way. I, being the completely non pain tolerate pussy that I am, still have tears in my eyes. Hot Dad strokes my hair again and says, in front of everyone, "Sweetheart is there anything I can do for you?" I swear to God I forgot all about my knee. First I wanted to melt and then I wanted to die. He offered to drive me home. Jesus Freak Boss offered to drive me home. The Bitch is just standing there with her mouth open. I tell everyone I can drive myself home.

Hot Dad and The Bitch both help me to my car. Hot Dad has his arm around me, leaning me into him. The Bitch is shooting me looks. So we all stand around the car and I just don't know what to do. If Hot Dad wasn't married I would have jumped his ass and fucked him right there. Bad knee and all. What can I say? I'm a sucker for someone who wants to take care of me. But instead of attacking him, I just say thank you, get in the car and drive off.

I'm in the car not even 5 minutes when the cell rings. Jesus Freak Boss says "It is none of my business but please do not get involved with one of our parents." I assure him I won't. For about 20 minutes I repeatedly assure him I won't. Call Waiting beeps in about 47 times while I am on the phone with him. Finally I call The Bitch back. She says "He fucking wants you." I do not say a word. I just hang up. Married Former Ho calls, "Mr. ______ wants you so bad. Did you see how fast he was to help you?" I tell her I have no idea what she is talking about. I hang up. The cell rings again. It is Hot Dad. I let it go to voice mail.

So here I am with a swollen knee, a swollen ego, and I have found that my loss of desire isn't so lost anymore. It's always the ones I can't have that make me the hottest.