I see him watching me through the window. It makes me nervous. I shake it off.
It all started pretty innocently. We were at a work function over a weekend and someone asked me why I wasn't married. I explained that most men just couldn't handle the whole emotional ball of wax that is me. A parent of one of "my" kids asked what type of men I liked. I said if he was younger, tall, had a goatee and wore baseball hats I was in. Hot Dad said, "What about younger, tall, no goatee, yes to the baseball hat, and married?" Kiddingly I said, " Only if it's you." Sorry it just slipped out. I mean Hot Dad is rather hot. I know, I'm a trollop
Later that same night we all ended up at the same restaurant. Hot Dad and his wife had taken separate cars. He ended up staying out with us for beers while Wifey took the kids home. Hot Dad is 3 months younger than me. We like a lot of the same things and grew up during the same era. We have a lot to talk about. Plus he is the dad to one of "my kids". It pays to be nice. Everyone said he was flirting. I blew it off. Worse yet, everyone said I was flirting back. I might cop to that. I flirt. It's second nature. Sue me.
A few days later back at work Hot Dad came in with what appeared to be chin pubes. "Amy" and " The Bitch" immediately jump on this. Of course, he is growing the goatee for me. I mean really. What could be more obvious? Hot Dad growing chin pubes for a chick that flirted with him once. Stupid cunts. Except that night when Hot Dad was leaving he put his arm around my shoulder and said, "How's your day?" Followed by, "You smell nice today." I make a joke, "As opposed to other days?" Inside I'm fucking freaking out.
So at this point I'm more than a little freaked out. It's a running joke at work which could get me in big trouble. Christian organization and all. Affairs being frowned upon. You get the idea. Other people are talking about how hot Hot Dad is. "Erica" comments that she'd do him. (I swear I'm surrounded by sluts.) I decide to avoid him at all costs. No one can say anything if I don't go around him. Right? Wrong. You don't know these bitches.
"Amy" and I are outside work one day in the sunshine looking at the color of my hair. "Amy" wants me to go back to my natural auburny red color. I want to stay a brunette. Fake but a pretty chocolatey brown. Hot Dad comes up and asks if we are looking for gray hairs. "Amy" explains what's going on and he says "Red hair? You are even more fiery than I thought." All I can think of is "Oh shit." I'm thinking I'm in big trouble now.
Oddly enough things cooled off after that. No more flirtatious remarks. I notice him watching me sometimes when I work with "Cute Daughter" but that's to be expected right? Of course. By the way, Hot Dad's wife travels. A lot. He is a former baseball coach turned stay at home dad. He is with Cute Daughter and Tiny Daughter all the time.
The other night "Amy" and I were discussing where to eat after work while waiting on the kids to be picked up. I wanted to go to my favorite place to get a frozen apple martini. We hear Hot Dad talking with Cute Daughter about where they should eat since Wifey is out of town. "Amy" says she bets they show up where we are going. I laugh. Thirty minutes later when we walk into the joint there sits Hot Dad, Cute Daughter, and Tiny Daughter. Cute Daughter begs us to sit with them. We do.
I see him watching me through the window. It makes me nervous. I have to shake it off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend I will be out of town for work. Hope you fuckers miss me. By the way, both Hot Dad and "Alex" will be there.
Thursday, December 02, 2004
Hot Dad
Posted by
Lola
at
12/02/2004 01:45:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|