Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas Lola

I am continually amazed at people. We all know what a bitch I come across as right? Why would anyone do anything nice for me? I do not know the answer to that question. I ask myself that all the time.

This morning my brother, who is 22, came running in my bedroom at 8:30 screaming, "Lola wake up Santa was here!" I, of course, roll over and flip him the bird. He then proceeds to jump up and down on my bed screaming at the top of his lungs, "Get up, get up, get up!" After a few mumbled son of bitches, I dragged my sorry and ungrateful ass out of bed.

As I enter the den, I see a tropical paradise. Inflatable palm trees. A wave machine making the sounds of the ocean. A kiddie pool filled with sand complete with bucket and shovel. A plate of tropical fruit (mangos, papaya, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, etc.) is awaiting me. And a mango smoothie, which is my absolute favorite drink in the whole wide world. My entire family had gotten up early to make sure I had a beach Christmas. I cannot even understand how, much less why, they did this for me. I immediately started crying. I'm still teary eyed.

I have the best family ever. I may bitch and moan about them but I know I am loved. I have the absolutely fucking nuttiest family in the world but they are also the most wonderful. I wouldn't trade them for anything. Not even a real beach Christmas. I hope all of you feel the same way about your families deep down inside.

Happy Holidays to all of you. May you feel as loved as I do.