Have you seen these Simon gift cards? They work like a Visa and people give them as presents. These things motherfucking rock. Tonight was our Christmas party at work and I hit the jackpot.
Lest you think it is all about me, I did get my "kids" presents. For my little kids, I got the cutest bracelets you ever did see. The kids I work with the most,got an initial necklace and charm bracelets with little inspirational words on each charm. Hope. Wish. Dream. Love. Believe. I really love these kids. I know you don't believe me but it is true.
I received $300 in Simon cards. I nearly cried. I also got various gift certificates to different restaurants. Candy canes, picture frames, and candles rounded out the gifts. I have enough hand drawn Christmas cards to wall paper my room. I loved each and every present but I'd be lying if I didn't say I loved the Simon cards the most. I'm giddy with joy.
The best present I got though was a note (accompanied with a gift card). It wasn't who the note was from but the words that were inside. It made me feel special and that I really do a good job. It reads:
Lola,
We would like to take this time to thank you for everything you do. It is comforting to know that she has a "mother" figure in times when she needs it and we can't be there for her. We also know you go above and beyond for Young Daughter and for that we could never thank you enough. Tiny Daughter is thrilled to be having you and "Amy" working with her. She feels like a big girl now. Have a wonderful holiday and thank you again for being such a special person.
The Hot Dad Family
Now I know this entry strays form my normal bitch, anger filled rants. I'm sure many of you are disappointed. But it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when I read this and I wanted to share with you that I'm not always the bitter bitch that I portray to you. I do promise the bitter bitch will return tomorrow. Right after she is done at the mall spending her lovely, lovely Christmas gifts.
Saturday, December 18, 2004
Presents! Lovely, Lovely Presents
Posted by
Lola
at
12/18/2004 01:05:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|