It's funny how when you are drunk you do stuff that you think is cute and endearing and it really is just annoying. I called a boy several times Saturday night because I just HAD to tell him something funny. Honestly I did want to talk to him but I saw something that I thought he would find humorous so it gave me an excuse to call. Truth be told, if I had been sober I would have waited till the next time I talked to him to tell him about it. Unfortunately I wasn't sober. What I was, was a silly twat.
I called him several times but could never get through. The phone always went to voice mail. Instead of leaving a message I just waited a few minutes and called back. Drink a beer, listen to some music, dial again, get the voice mail. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Finally he answered and he was exasperated with me. I start talking in that cutesy southern voice I think I have. The phone call ended badly.
I made another "Fuck you" phone call and then proceeded to find more beer. I bitched at my friend all the way home about "motherfucking" this and "motherfucking" that. I did a drunken post about all of this when I got home. I also sent a "Fuck you" email. I then maybe had a little cry and drifted off to sleep. Or passed out, you figure it out.
I woke up Sunday feeling like crap. I wasn't really hungover but everything from the previous night came flying into my mind. I checked my email. It was explained to me that I was not talking in a cutesy southern voice. I was in fact yelling. (Well, the music was loud.) I replayed the events and realized he might have a point. So I removed the drunken post so no guys would pick on me for being a typical girl. I also emailed an apology to the boy.
Sunday after I had a few beers and chance encounters with exes, the girls and I started talking about the events of the prior evening. They, of course, being drunk, agreed with me. I do have a cutesy southern voice. They also thought he should have been flattered that I wanted to call him in the middle of DrunkFest 2005. I did not allow the alcohol and the witches coven to sway me even though I really enjoyed hearing them agree with me. I wasn't cute. I was obnoxious. He wasn't a son of a bitch or a motherfucker or a complete shitheaded ass. He was just exasperated.
Saturday night I was all pissed off because the boy was rude to me. Sunday I realized I might have been the rude one. No wonder I have so many problems with men. I go around thinking I'm being cute and endearing and I'm just being a pain in the ass. I also realized that it's safer to leave the cell phone at home.
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
An Adventure In Drunk Dialing
Posted by
Lola
at
5/03/2005 01:00:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|