Saturday, July 23, 2005

Migraines, Sex Dreams, & Books

I slept on the bathroom floor last night. It's not what you think. I wasn't drunk. I had a migraine. The migraine started Thursday. See, I got a promotion at work but no one took over my job. Since I can't explain what I do let's just say I have a lot of shit on my shoulders now. Someone will eventually take over my job but right now I'm buried.

So Thursday all the stress caught up with me. I dutifully took half of the little pill the doctor promised would make the headaches go away. Three hours later the headache is worse. I took another half of a pill. Then one of the children that I am very close with got hurt and I had to go to the hospital with her. That's stress enough to cause a headache. Then I had to go to JFB's house because I had promised to help with a going away party. By the time I got home all I could do was crawl in bed and cry.

Friday I woke up to a dull ache in my head. Residual headache, a pain the ass but manageable. I haven't been able to lay out properly in about two weeks between work and the fucking rain that has been deluging my town. Yesterday was sunny so after work I went to lay out. Bad idea. Migraine returned one thousand times worse.

I slept in the bathroom for two reasons. First of all, the bathroom is the darkest place in the house. Secondly, I was pretty sure I was going to throw up at some point. I took a migraine pill and a Xanax. I tried to sleep.

I dreamed I was at a book release party for a book I had written. There were elephants and crocodiles as decoration at my party. I left my own party to have sex with a boy who looked like Ryan Reynolds. The boy kept telling me he was bad for me the whole time we were having sex. He also kept telling me he loved my book. The next day I left for Antartica.

I still have a headache and now all I can think about is that weird ass dream.