You want to melt my heart? Say my name.
It seems silly doesn't it? People say my name everyday. I hear my name said hundreds of times a day. Especially with the kids. "Miss Lola. Miss Lola. Miss Lola. MISS LOLA!!!!" You would think I would get sick of hearing my name. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I pretend it's not my name. Or I tell the kids I will not answer them if they say my name one more time.
Except when the elusive "He" says it. Do you know what I mean? A boy can call me sweetheart or honey and I might find it endearing but if he says my name, I melt. It becomes something intimate to me. I love the sound of my name coming out of man's mouth.
I wish I could explain it better. Often people use other people's names to get a point across. In anger..."God Lola you are such a bitch." In sorrow..."I cannot believe you did this to me Brian." In sarcastic fun... "Mary you are such a dumbass." During sex... "Brandon..." I'm talking about when a boy I like uses my name for no real reason... "How was your day Lola?" or "Lola, listen to this song. I really think you'll love it."
Say my name. Please. Make my heart melt.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Say My Name
Posted by
Lola
at
7/27/2005 12:01:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|