As you may know, recently my entire family was at my house for the Wedding Extravaganza. A friend of my grandfather's called to speak to him. They were going on and on about "Drew" and the wedding. The friend on the other end of the line must have asked about the grandkids. This is the end of the conversation I heard.
"Well you know I have a daughter and a son."
"My son has three kids and my daughter has two."
"No, I think my only prospect for great grandkids is 'Drew'. The others are still too young and my oldest grand daughter doesn't have any prospects."
Nice to know my grandfather believes I'm going to be an old maid. I wanted to kick the old man out of the house right then and there. My mother wouldn't let me. I emailed Chicago to tell him what I overheard. I was looking for some sympathy. He emailed back:
Maybe he'll take you down to the ol' trading post and see what you'll fetch on the open market. Maybe he'll get some good acreage out of the deal...
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
No Prospects
Posted by
Lola
at
4/26/2005 12:21:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|