Friday, April 08, 2005

Picture

I saw a picture of you yesterday. I didn't mean to. I swear. I was quickly flipping through some things and opened the wrong one. I must have sat there for five minutes just staring at you. You have the most beautiful eyes. I remember a time I wanted to lose myself in those eyes. My finger traced that curl in your hair. I could almost feel it, so caught up in the moment was I. My eyes were drawn to your mouth. I remember how much I loved the sound of your laughter. I always felt I had accomplished something if I could make you laugh. I fell asleep listening to music you shared with me. I fell asleep thinking of the conversations we once had. The laughter we shared. The secrets we told. I fell asleep wishing I could remember exactly how your voice sounded. My last thought as I drifted off was I remembered I would never hear your voice again.