Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Rules

I was talking with a boy recently about weekend plans. He was hanging with friends and I was hanging with "Open Water" so I could scare the shit out of myself before the Non Birthday Present.

Big Guy: If I were in (city withheld) I would buy you an appletini. Tonight!

Lola: Oh you think I'd go out with you on such short notice?

Big Guy: No. I would have asked you 3 days ago, like it says in the rules.

Lola: Thursday for Saturday is good for me. If I really like you, Friday for Saturday is good for me.

Big Guy: You don't like me.

Lola: If you fuck good... 10 minutes.

Big Guy: Those are good rules.

So I got to thinking. Do I really have any rules? (Besides no ass sex and no facials.) Does anybody? Sure we all say we need three days advance notice to go out but isn't that just game playing. If you like a guy and he calls on Thursday for Friday are you really going to make him wait till next weekend if you don't already have plans?

I have a friend who won't go out with a guy if he hasn't asked by Wednesday for the weekend. She also doesn't do week night dates until a certain period of time passes. She has to be the weekend girl. Most of my guy friends think she is high maintenance.

I think it's all bullshit. I mean in all honesty I don't want to be the week night girl if there is a different weekend girl but if he asks me for a weeknight and I like him then I'm going. If I want to call him then I'm going to call. If I want to see him then I'm going to ask. If I like him and I want to fuck him on the second date then I'm going to fuck him.

Oh sure, when I'm with my girl friends I can spout all that bullshit about respect. We prattle on about when he should ask us out and how and where we should go. We make vows not to call first because southern girls are taught that the man must call the woman. We bitch about if he doesn't call by a certain time then we aren't going to go out with him. Then when push comes to shove, if we really like him we throw all that shit out the window. At least that is what I do. What about you?