I think I may have a problem with apple flavored beverages. If you have read me for very long you know I have a weakness for frozen apple martinis. Friday I had apple sake.
Jesus Freak Boss decided that he needs to take the whole staff out for a staff appreciation dinner. He loves this little Japanese restaurant that a family friend of his owns. Anytime anything important goes on at work we go there to eat, talk, or celebrate. JFB decided that the staff needed a little picker upper. There have been a few parent complaints recently and we have lost some children to a rival business. It was a nice gesture.
Every time we go to this restaurant Jesus Freak Boss insists we have sake. I like sake. My parents lived in Japan for almost two years and I grew to appreciate sake. Until last night though, I had not experienced Apple Sake. You must try it. It is slightly sweeter than regular sake. Not as biting. Even if you don't appreciate sake you might like this one.
I usually drink my sake warm. I know some people prefer room temperature sake, or god forbid, cold sake. Warm sake is wonderful. You sip it and it bites your taste buds. The warmth slides down your throat and into your tummy. The more sake you drink the better the experience. A flush spreads from your face through the throat, down through the tummy, and your nether regions; all the way to the tips of your toes. You feel warm and fuzzy and slightly beautiful. You smile more. You laugh more and louder. You might even want to have slightly dirty sex.
Try it. You might like it. Even if you haven't ever liked it before.
Thursday, January 20, 2005
Apple Sake
Posted by
Lola
at
1/20/2005 12:03:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|