Monday, January 10, 2005

I Was Misinformed

There is a scene in Casablanca where Claude Rains asks Bogey what brought him to Morocco, Bogey says he came for the "waters". Of course, Rains points out the obvious that Casablanca is in the desert. Bogey says, "I was misinformed."

I started this blog to help me rid myself of some of the anger and bitterness I had towards The Boy. Yes, sometimes I write witty little things about the people I hate in the world. I make fun of other people. Most of the time I write about sex in one way or another. Very rarely, I write about The Boy. Some of you even find what I write entertaining. For that I am appreciative. As you well know, I like to be the center of attention. But maybe I should be making more fun of myself. Laughing at myself more.

The problem is I was misinformed. I thought writing here would help me. I misinformed myself. Writing here hasn't rid me of the anger and bitterness I have towards The Boy. If anything it has made me see how immature that anger and bitterness has been. There are times in this world when love just isn't enough. When you look back and realize all the things that were flashing like big neon signs. "NO VACANCY". The Boy had no room, no real room, for me in his heart. You know what? I'm ok with that. Really. Well, at least for the next 12 hours. I might go off on a nutter again tomorrow or the next day. I make no false promises.

I realized tonight that I may be misinformed about some other things. I've made myself out to be this sad, forlorn, foul mouthed southern girl. I am foul mouthed and I am southern but I don't want to be sad anymore. I also realized I may be fucking screwed. I own an awful lot of sad ass music. Anyone want to recommend any "happy" music for my supposed transformation? Don't worry. Once a hateful bitch, always a hateful bitch. I'll still be able to spew some hatred about something every once in a while.




PS I still love The Boy but I don't L-O-V-E him. Make sense?



UPDATE
A very nice reader emailed me and recommended this. This is fucking happy music! Or at least it made me happy. Thank you nice reader.