Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I Kissed A Girl

Many years ago I was kissed by a girl. She surprised me and I wasn't ready for it. I wasn't expecting it so she got away with it. Slipped it in, so to speak. The type of kiss, how long it lasted, and what I felt about it are unimportant to the story. Since I was a much younger little thing then, I told all my friends. I mean really, how many of them had a girl just kiss them? It was a novelty. It made me interesting. It made me the center of attention. I love to be the center of attention.

So a few years a later I am on a date with The Sport Writer. Don't confuse The Sports Writer with the Sportscaster or the News Producer. What can I say? I went through a "media" phase. So we are at a dive bar listening to me favorite local band with a few of my friends. After a few drinks "Mary" decides to bring up the story of my lesbian kiss. I really could have done without this story being brought up. I know guys all have this fantasy of girl on girl action but I really didn't want my date having lesbian fantasies of me. We hadn't even been dating that long. After much prodding and with "Mary's" help I told the story.

The conversation then turns to lesbian sex versus man on man sex. All the reasons lesbian sex is beautiful while man on man isn't. The other girls at the table talked about how they would have reacted if they had been on the receiving end of the kiss. We all talked about "lesbian chic". You know. I'm sure some of you have had these very same conversations in one form or another.

"Mary" then busts out with this statement, "Well if I were to kiss a girl I would want it to be Lola." My mouth dropped open. The Sports Writer's eyebrows shot up. The rest of the table just sort of sits there in silence. At first. Then the questions start. Why Lola? Would you really want to kiss a girl? "Mary" said she wasn't sure she would really want to kiss a girl but it would need to be me because I seemed to have experience. She also said I had nice, kissable looking lips. And she would want to "be with" someone she knew. The other girls at the table agreed with her. They said the same thing. Don't get me wrong. I'm not some hot chick. I'm pretty average looking, so I didn't think they wanted to kiss me because I was easy to lust after. I figured it was just because I was the only one who knew anything about it. The Sports Writer offered me up. Said he didn't mind at all if she kissed me. I just sat there silent through it all. A little flattered that she wanted to kiss me and a little freaked out at the same time.

See I can't figure out if I was shocked that she wanted to kiss me or if I was pissed that she took the attention off of me and put it on her. Her stating that she would tongue kiss me immediately made her the center of attention. Needless to say, for a while after that I made sure I was never alone with her. I wasn't falling for that "I need to talk to you alone" trick again.