Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Fraud

I build up these walls. I talk filthy. I say shocking things. I strut around like no one can touch me. No one can hurt me. Say what you will, I am strong. I am proud. You will not hurt me. You will not see the real me. I am a fraud.

I attempt to come across as this really strong girl. I can take anything. I can't. I'm a fraud. I'm a scared little girl who wants to be protected. I want to curl up in someone's arms and cry myself to sleep. I want someone to stroke my hair and tell me everything is going to be alright.

I pretend I don't care. What other people think doesn't matter to me. Your opinion of me is inconsequential. In fact, you are inconsequential. Except, I am a fraud. I do care what you think. I do want you to like me and respect me. I want someone to see the real me. Why won't I let them?

I am not what you think I am. I am a fraud.