Friday, March 25, 2005

Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass

So firing people wasn't quite as much fun as I had imagined. Even with the steroid rage in full effect by the time my two victims were presented to me. I've fired people before so this wasn't like a new thing for me. I guess I just thought it would be more fun. Once I fired a dance teacher who was the most innocent looking girl you could imagine. She cussed me out and told me she hoped my house burned down. Now that was fun just because I wasn't expecting it.

"Slug" took it quite well. She said she had pretty much figured out she wasn't a fit for us. It was clean. No yelling. No tears. No drama. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Now I was told she called me a bitch as she was leaving but who can blame her. I certainly don't. By the way, I didn't hire this girl. I'm just cleaning up the mistakes The Baptist made.

The Slut was a completely different story. She comes in explaining how she has changed her mind about quitting. Then she asks for a raise. A RAISE! I am trying so hard not to laugh. I keep telling myself I am a mature professional. I have to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from exploding with laughter. I try to stop her. She just keeps on talking. So I let her make an ass out of herself. She explains all the reasons she deserves a raise. I am incredulous that she has this big of a set of balls. The girl is constantly late. She has problems with authority. For Christ's sake, she called in once because her nipples hurt. Her self promotion goes on for about seven minutes. I politely explain to her that her position has been filled. Her mouth drops open. I then drop the bomb that I do not need her to finish out her two weeks notice. I give the little speech about how it's been great working with her, best of luck, blah, blah, blah. She tells me to go fuck myself. Smiling, I say, "Thanks so much for the warm wishes. Bye now." She calls me a cunt in the front office as she walks past JFB. He looks a little shocked but he also looks like he wants to laugh. He asks me how I feel. I say, "Well it takes one to know one."

I felt pretty good for the first few hours after the firings then I must have come down off the high. I feel kind of like a cunt now. I'm sure it will pass.