Being from the South I'm used to terms of endearment. I call people cute little names all the time. It just comes naturally. Darlin', honey, sweetie, even bitch is a term I use to convey affection. In relationships I have been referred to by a lot of different names. Some of them were even sweet.
Baby is one that has just never stuck. If someone called me Baby I usually subtly suggested they try a different name. Baby always made me think the boy in question saw me as dependant. As if they saw me as someone who needed help or needed to be saved. A little girl who needed to be taken care of. It also made me think of "Dirty Dancing". You know...No one puts Baby in the corner. I just couldn't ever take being called Baby. I know it's a sweet term. I know I was assigning too much thought as to why someone might call me Baby. Sue me. I just never liked it.
He calls me Baby. When I'm upset he says things like "I know Baby." When he calls me Baby I get that crooked little grin on my face. He calls me Baby and I get shivers. He says it in the sweetest voice. He says it like he wants to take care of me not like I need to be taken care of. Of course, I have been known to read too much into things. Fuck, I'm in trouble here.
Monday, June 06, 2005
He Calls Me Baby
Posted by
Lola
at
6/06/2005 08:43:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|