Friday, June 10, 2005

I Love Fridays In The Summer

During the months of June and July my place of employment closes at noon on Fridays. How awesome is that? Pretty fucking awesome. JFB might have pissed me off with the "younger than you" comment but he is a pretty damn good boss. Everyone gets off at noon. We aren't allowed to stay later. Today at 12:01 he was yelling at us to get out. I told him I still had about 30 minutes of work to do. He explained to me that the work would still be there on Monday.

So by 12:30 I was sipping my first Woodchuck Granny Smith of the day by the pool. I know a lot of my posts have to do with drinking but I'm really not that much of a lush. Well...Maybe I am. So The Bitch, "Amy" and myself are laying out. The Bitch and I are enjoying the Woodchucks. "Amy" is indulging in a rocking Diet Coke. (She doesn't drink.) I love Woodchuck. Really I do. Granny Smith is my favorite but I'll drink the Raspberry or the Dark & Dry. I'm not picky. At least not when it comes to drinking at the pool.

So I'm thinking about the fact that maybe some of you might get the impression that I am desperate for a man. I ask The Bitch and "Amy" if I seem desperate for a man. They both assure me I don't come across that way. In fact they say I come across as if I couldn't give a flying fuck if a 6'5" man fell in my lap from the sky with a big ass rock set in platinum. I guess I needed a little reassurance. I hate to seem desperate or needy. I mean it really pisses me off if people think that of me. Sure I joke around about needing a husband but it's just joking around. Yeah, eventually I'd like to be settled but I have had the opportunity several times before and I politely declined. OK not always so politely. I just don't want anyone to think I'm pining away for Mr. Right Now. Of course, I would really like someone to make out with.

So let me tell you how much I love lying in the sun drinking beer. It is one of my most favorite things to do. The smell of suntan lotion, the sun on my face, the taste of ice cold cider...mmmm, delicious. I really am at my happiest when I'm in the sun. I feel happy. I feel whole. Nothing can get to me. The cider slipping down my throat so easily. The beautiful conversations you have with friends. The plans you make for the weekend. The plans you share about what you want to do with the rest of your life. It's really a wonderful way to spend a day. Except sometimes when you drink and things seem so perfect you realize that there are things missing.

Lying in the sun today thoughts turned to The Boy. Then thoughts turned to other boys before The Boy and boys since The Boy. My thoughts turned to relationships that I failed in and relationships that failed on me. I opened another cider and started to think about where I want to be in 10 years and how I'm going to accomplish my goals. I got a little sad. Almost teary but not quite. As I was just about to get depressed The Bitch said, "You stupid cunt, drink your beer and enjoy your life." She's right you know, I'm just gonna drink my beer and enjoy my life all summer long.