Twice in as many days, people have made somewhat disparaging remarks about my taste in music. One person, said I should listen to "happy" music. What the fuck? Is "happy" music gonna make it all better? If I listen to "happy" music am I going to be cured? Will my hair suddenly be the perfect shade of auburn? Will The Boy suddenly come back? Or will my knight in shining armor finally ask for directions on how to find me? Will "happy" music suddenly make my outlook on life ever so much better? Not so much. If you want a "happy" girl go try to sell your crazy talk somewhere else Big Guy. This bitch is staying sad.
Another person remarked that melancholy songs were the "Atlantic City whores of the music industry". Well then take my money and call me John. Sad ass songs remind me why I am bitter. Why I have baggage. Sad ass songs make me the wonderful girl I am today. This poor misguided fellow also suggested I listen to Pantera. Let me set you straight. I would rather fuck Michael Jackson with a dildo while Elizabeth Taylor, Diana Ross, and Liza Minelli watched and have The Wiz as background music than ever subject my sweet ears to Pantera.
That's all I have to say about that. And now for your reading pleasure a little Pete Yorn:
You spurn my natural emotions
You make me feel like dirt
And I’m hurt
And if I start a commotion
I run the risk of losing you
And that’s worse
Ever fallen in love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
You shouldn’t’ve fallen in love with
I can’t see much of a future
Unless we find out what’s to blame
What a shame
And we won’t be together much longer
Unless we realize that we are the same
Ever fallen in love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
You shouldn’t’ve fallen in love with
You disturb my natural emotions
You make me feel like dirt
And I’m hurt
And if I start a commotion
I’ll only end up losing you
And that’s worse
Ever fallen in love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
You shouldn’t’ve fallen in love with
Ever fallen in love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
Ever fallen in love
In love with someone
You shouldn’t’ve fallen in love with
Fallen in love with
Ever fallen in love with someone
You shouldn’t’ve fallen in love with
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Sad Ass Songs
Posted by
Lola
at
11/18/2004 01:01:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|