Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Sex Is Irrelevant

Someone recently said to me that sex is irrelevant. I have to disagree. Sex is very relevant. Sex is a beautiful and wondrous thing. It is never irrelevant.

I tried to make sex irrelevant. For the past little while, and I won't tell you how long, I've put sex out of my life. I could get laid if I wanted to. Most semi attractive girls can get laid whenever they want. I want to get laid. I just don't want so called meaningless sex. I want my sex to be relevant.

Sex is never meaningless. People say that they want to have mind blowing meaningless sex but it means something to someone. No strings attached sex? Doesn't exist. There is always a catch. What about the girl whose in love with the guy who has meaningless sex with the slut at the bar? She gets hurt. What about FTF? Nine times out of ten someone ends up caring. It starts out as just sex and turns into something more.

I had some so called meaningless sex after The Boy broke my heart. Of course, I didn't just pick up some random guy. I recycled. I knew where he had been. I knew it was safe. I knew the sex would be great. It was great for a while. Then I felt guilty. Then it just wasn't good anymore. Call me old fashioned but sex just isn't as good without feelings. Sure you might get off but how do you feel 5 minutes later? OK 4 hours later? I like sex as much as the next gal. I just feel my sex is relevant. I don't know about yours.